Personal Motto

Personal Motto

Lego Book Rating Guide

Lego Book Rating Guide

Thursday, April 25, 2013

In Darkness We Must Abide, Season 1, by Rhiannon Frater


In Darkness We Must Abide
Death Comes Home, Book #1-3
By Rhiannon Frater

*I DO NOT RECAP THE BOOKS IN MY REVIEWS, THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK DESCRIPTION IS FOR. NOR DO I HAVE SPOILERS*This review is for books #1-3 in the series, book 4 is set to be released tomorrow. I know for a fact that right now, you can get book #1 free on Amazon or Kobo right now so go get your free copy now!

Overall Rating
description
I have heard of serial series before and always wanted to try reading them, but have just put it off. Until I saw that Rhiannon Frater has released a serial series. I was like “Oh Hell Yeah Baby!!!!!” Rhiannon Frater is one of my all time top fav authors. She has style and imagination and this series shows it. For those of you that don’t know what serial series are, think of books released like your favorite tv show. It is a book series that contains typically a shorter book (like a novella) and each book or “episode” is released every 1-3 weeks depending on the series. This story is about a family that has had some serious tragedy befall them and they work together to persevere. Throw in some vampires, supernatural events, and some suspense and you have a winning series. I dove from one book to the next and as of 4-25-13, there are 3 books out and another release I believe tomorrow. And you know I am getting that one!!!

Originality/Creativity:
description
I definitely find there to be a strong element of creativity in this book and the series. My most favorite genre is supernatural/paranormal. And this author is one of my favorites, she is just bursting with creativity so I know that if I get a book by her, it will have the perfect amount of creativity and the most amazing storyline. This story isn’t just your typical vampire story, you can relate to the characters. Besides the existence of vampires, this story is about a family in peril and how they work together to overcome it and I think most of us can say that we have been through an event where we had to pull together with our family and try to get through it. That is why I loved this series so much.

Complexity of Characters/Storyline:



This story is definitely complex. It takes place in modern day, but you get to dip back every now and then and hear a bit of history. You also get to jump around and get the perspective of several characters, not just one. I always enjoy books like that so you can better have an understanding of how each character ticks. And there is a character in the story that has a sort of “coming of age” and it is spectacular to get to watch that character progress during the series. I believe that this series has great complexity but not so much that the reader is confused. You will have a fantastic time reading this series as the characters grow on you and you find your heart pulled in each direction during their hardships. The storyline is one of a kind!

Quality of writing:
description
Rhiannon Frater is one of my most favorite authors, as I have said over and over so far! Seriously, her style of writing is amazing. For a book to be great, not just good, I have to be able to see a clear picture in my mind of each character and their surroundings based on the descriptions the author gives. By the end of a great book, I should feel not that I just read a book, but that I watched a movie because I was able to so clearly see everything in my mind. That is what Rhiannon’s writing does for me. It is that amazing!

Action/Suspense:



I am an action junkie so the best way to keep me extremely happy is to have non-stop action. This series does that. There is barely a time where you are not reading some sort of crazy suspenseful scene. I freaking love that! I sped through thi series. Each book took me barely over an hour to read and so I jumped from one book to the next quickly and I was not bored for a second! Thank you Rhiannon, I loathe a boring read and I never get that from your books.

Would I recommend the series? Yes. Hell Yeah. F%#@ yeah I do! And if you have never read a serial series, this is the best one to start with! So go get it! I know for a fact that you can get the first book in the series free right now on Amazon and Kobo right now so there is no excuse not to get reading!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment