Personal Motto

Personal Motto

Lego Book Rating Guide

Lego Book Rating Guide

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn (Amadi #1-3) by Katharina Gerlach


Book Title: Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn (Amadi #1-3)
Author: Katharina Gerlach

Book Description: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13630711-amadi-the-phoenix-the-sphinx-and-the-djinn

*I DO NOT RECAP THE BOOKS IN MY REVIEWS, THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK DESCRIPTION IS FOR. NOR DO I HAVE SPOILERS. Go to the URL above to read the book description*

This book was provided for me free of cost by the author for an honest review. Thank you Katharina Gerlach, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this book and for trusting a copy to me for my opinion. It is a great honor on my part and your writing is exquisite.

Overall Rating
description
This book is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I mean, WOW! I don't often give a perfect score on everything but this book did! I was not sure what to expect and honestly, probably never would have come across this book on my own if it was not offered up for review. I am so glad it was. This book has so much imagination, it is an exquisite “fairy tale” that is not childish in the least. I was swept away to another Arabian world full of magic, mystery, suspense, romance, and an extremely strong female heroine to top it all off! I was so amazed at the end, I had to go to the author’s Facebook page to tell her how fantastic it was. I am going to pass it along to my daughter so that we can experience it as her bedtime story. I am so happy to be able to add a tale so incredible to my daughter’s mind and imagination. I extremely recommend this book for those that want to escape to a far away land.

Originality/Creativity:
description
The creativity and imagination that went into this book is incredible. Out of this world! I loved how all three of the stories wove into each other so smoothly and beautifully. I was knocked off my feet. If you love supernatural mixed with fairy tale with a YA feel to it, the originality in this book will quench that thirst for creativity flavor!

Complexity of Characters/Storyline:
description
This book has an incredible complexity to the characters. There are many characters, but not overwhelming so that you cannot follow the story. The main character Amadi grows by leaps and bounds within herself and it is fantastic to see how she overcomes the obstacles thrown her way. The other characters are creative and witty, they all complement each other so perfectly. You will definitely become attached to the main characters and by the end of the book, you will realize how talented the author is by being able to form this complex web of characters that all share a hand in each other’s destiny and how they all tie together in the end.

Quality of writing:
description
Nothing rubs me the wrong way more than a book that has a ton of errors in it, or writing that seems to be contrived from a five year old. Not this book, no sir! The names, the places, everything is extremely creative and fitting into the world that the author has created. There were not any major typo errors to annoy along the way. The story was so smooth like a perfect waterfall that flows from lakes to creeks and eventually into the ocean. I absolutely adore the author’s style of writing.

Action/Suspense:
description
I felt that the action was well spaced out in this book. Since it is 3 parts of stories into one novel, that made for the stories to pretty much have to have non-stop action. I literally read this book in one day, I just couldn’t put it down! The action scenes were appropriate, not too short, yet not too drawn out. The book held my interest the entire time. I appreciated that so much!
Would I recommend this book? HELL YES! I am already getting extremely excited about reading more books by this author. I really can’t wait to see what comes next. The author has awakened my need for mythology/fairy tale worlds and I just want to dive in and forget the real world and bask in her creativity!
No excuses! Just get the book! Seriously, right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment