Personal Motto

Personal Motto

Lego Book Rating Guide

Lego Book Rating Guide

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Into the Night by Jade Fowler


Into The Night

Into the Night Series Book #1

Jade Fowler

Book description can be found at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14896683-into-the-night

This book was provided for me free of cost by the author for an honest review. Thank you Jade, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this book and for trusting a copy to me for my opinion. It is a great honor on my part. I never summarize the book in my reviews, just go read the damn summary from the goodreads link above! I also NEVER give spoilers, I'm trying to give you my opinion, not ruin the freakin story for you!

Overall Rating

This book has all the elements that I LOVE. Supernatural, absolutely packed with everything! Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, Psychics and more! I was pleasantly surprised by the story, it had just the right amount of action and held my interest through the whole story. It was refreshing and has had a great impact on me.

Originality/Creativity:

I felt that the creativity in this story was wonderful! It can be tricky to add so many different supernatural elements, but the author did an exquisite job of explaining and weaving all of it together. The idea of having both humans and supernatural creatures existing together as both friend and foe was fantastic. I think people are naturally drawn to the supernatural and we don’t always want to see them as being enemy, but also as having goodness in them, which this story has. I adored the story basically being fight club for the paranormal. And a splash of weird romance too just added more flavor to the story! And I love it when books have the point of view of 2 different characters, in this case a guy (Logan) and a girl (Penny). I feel this adds appeal to both male and female readers.

Complexity of Characters/Storyline:

Where the characters complex? Hell yeah. Especially Penny (main character chick). Man, that chick definitely had some weird freaky lovin’ going on in her situation which at times made you so creeped out, you wanted to take a shower. And Logan’s little crush obsession just made you feel sorry for the guy. There was the perfect amount of twists and turns in the story, and I feel that the author spaced out these crazy revelations just perfectly. I do have a few more questions about the story, but I believe that these were meant to be raised by the author so that she can continue the story in her future novels.

Quality of writing:

Nothing rubs me the wrong way more than a book that has a ton of errors in it, or writing that seems to be contrived from a five year old. Well, no worries of that in this book. The book is well written, easy to follow, and I found very limited errors.

Action/Suspense:

I felt that the action was well spaced out in this book. I didn’t have to wait until halfway through to read the first action scene. It all happened pretty quickly and was able to hold my attention through the book. I think that a few of the action scenes could have been a little more intense, but all in all, it was enough to keep me going.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! I am already getting extremely excited about the next book and can’t wait to get my hands on it. I really can’t wait to see what comes next. I think if you are a Supernatural/Paranormal fan like I am, you will thoroughly enjoy this book. You can buy it for a bargain price (book is worth WAY MORE) here:

No excuses! Just go get the damn book!

No comments:

Post a Comment